Sunday, February 27, 2011

Off the Runway: Carolina Herrera Spring 2011

When I first saw Carolina Herrara's Spring 2011 Resort and Ready-to-Wear collections, I fell in love with a few pieces. So I am delighted every time I see one of the dresses pop up on the body of a celebrity. It confirms that I'm not the only one who likes her "matronly" designs! One of the looks that I was fond of was this skirt and top combination from her Resort 2011 collection:

Source

I especially love the blouse. Camilla Belle wore it way back in July 2010 at the Cartier International Polo Day in England and I like that she kept things true to the original look:

Source
I think that she looks great in this dress and I love that she paired it with a pair of nude slingbacks. It is such a sophisticated and ladylike look, very appropriate for the event.

Another dress that I fell in love with was this one from Herrera's Ready-to-Wear collection:

Source

When I first saw this dress, I fell in love with the neckline, but not so much the bottom of the dress. I originally thought that I would prefer it with a black pencil skirt, but have since changed my mind, although a couple of inches shorter would have me completely sold on it. Amy Adams recently wore this dress to The Hollywood Reporter's Big 10 party on February 24th:

Source

I think that this dress looks great on her, however, I would have preferred to see this look with her hair up, or at the least, not draped over and hiding the gorgeous neckline! Maybe she was feeling a little too self-conscious about showing too much up top?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...