Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden Globes: Unexplored Best and Worst Dresses

So I've been catching just about every Golden Globes Best and Worst Dressed list that I can possibly come across. First of all, I have to say that I LOVE the green dresses that Catherine Zeta-Jones and Mila Kunis wore:



I am thoroughly confused as to why Angelina Jolie's green dress made it on so many Best Dressed lists. A little too 80s for my taste.

Really wasn't crazy about January Jones' choice either. It could have used a little more class for a red carpet event.

There were other dresses that I liked, such as Eva Longoria's, and Maria Menounos'. And of course Olivia Wilde's. I HATE Michelle Williams' daisy disaster, Christina Hendricks' all-over poofy look, and didn't understand at all what Helena Bonham Carter was thinking. (Was she?)

I watched Fashion Police on E! and agree with Kelly Osbourn that both Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Johansson would have looked a lot better if they had switched dresses:


With all of that being said, this post is titled Unexplored Best and Worst Dresses, so time to move on.

While perusing these lists, I was surprised to find a couple of dresses that did NOT make anyone's list, which I felt were deserving. One dress that I thought should have made someone's worst list was Mandy Moore's (who I originally mistook for Katharine McPhee).

Am I wrong to hate this dress? I hate the tulle on the bottom and I hate the see-through part on top. It has too much of a 90s prom dress vibe for me. Anyone else agree?

And a person who I think looked very sophisticated and deserving of a Best Dressed nod was Heather Morris from Glee.Yes?


And finally, anyone else disappointed with Jayma Mays' look? I felt as though she was trying a little too hard to break from her Emma Pillsbury persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...