Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 2: My Favorite Movie

This post may be a bit of a "cheat", as I do not have a "hands down" favorite movie. I enjoy period pieces, or historical fiction, or movies based on books. But I also enjoy the occasional action movie, comedy, or drama. Musicals and romantic comedies are also contenders. I would say that my taste in movies is pretty consistent with my music preferences.

Here are a few of my favorite "Go To" movies, movies that I will watch multiple times and never get sick of.

Cold Mountain- Based on the book by Charles Frazier. I watched the movie before reading the book, and ended up liking the book better, but I still thoroughly enjoy this movie. I bawled my eyes out the first time I watched it, (but not as much as when I first saw Legends of the Fall!). One of my favorite movie quotes is the line that Nicole Kidman speaks at the end of the trailer. Renee Zellwegger does a great job with her character, and even though he doesn't have very many lines, Jude Law is a definite plus to this movie!





The Count of Monte Cristo- This one is also based on a novel, by Alexandre Dumas, (pere). The book weaves a story of patience, deceit, justice, and revenge so carefully planned out and so complicated, that the movie fails to develop. But while the novel is a thousand times better than the movie, the movie is worth watching itself, especially for those who shy away from books with 1300+ pages! AND it has the original Dumbledore in it!






My third "Go To" movie is Just Like Heaven starring Reese Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo. As a rule, I generally like any movie starring Reese (with the exception of her desperately failed attempt as an "innocent" temptress in Vanity Fair). I love this movie. I love Reese. I love her style. I love her apartment in this movie. The relationship between the main characters is adorable, as is Mark Ruffalo.





And last, but not least, is Chicago. This movie is so much fun and entertaining. I don't know how anyone could NOT like this movie. And what a surprise it was to see how well these well-known actors can perform! Especially Richard Gere. Who would've thought? Rene Zellwegger and Catherine Zeta Jones have such different styles of performing, but both pull it off so well that they are both really enjoyable to watch.





And now that I've just watched this trailer, I have to go watch this movie again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...