Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day 5: My Favorite Quote

 I wanted to include several of my favorite quotes from movies that I have seen, books that I have read, or have come across in the every day, but I have misplaced my reading notebook! (This would be a notebook that I keep by me as I'm reading in case I come across anything that I want to remember or look up later).

Here are a couple of my favorite quotes that I could remember off the top of my head:

"If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." 
*I don't know where this quote came from originally, but it has been one that has always stuck in my mind. Check out this page for humorous variations.


"You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight and a half years ago. Dare not say that a man forgets sooner than woman, that his love has an earlier death. I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant." - Jane Austen, Persuasion, Ch. 23 
*Really, what woman wouldn't want to hear a man say this her? Especially one that she has been pining after for eight years!


"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife." -Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice, Ch. 1 
*This one just makes me laugh.

The other ones that I had were much better, more insightful and able to inspire discussion. I'm going to have to do a better job in keeping up with these daily posts and remembering to write them before 11:30 at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...