Friday, November 5, 2010

Fabulous Friday: Carolina Herrera

I was scrolling through Carolina Herrera's Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear collection the other day, and call me Grandma Betty, but I happened to love many of the looks! One of my favorites is this outfit:

(Source)

I LOVE this top! I also happen to love the shoes, (by Manolo Blahnik), although I wish that we could see a closer view of them. The skirt, I'm not so crazy about the fit. I think that I would like it better if it were a simpler, shorter pencil skirt, in a different fabric, and without the flower*. (Am I the only one who think that it looks as though it has been Scotch taped to the skirt? Is that what she was going for?) In fact, I'd pair it with a different skirt altogether. But I really want this top! I think that it would be perfect for work.. (Although this top looks to be black on my computer, it's actually described as being olive green. Does it look green on anyone else's?)

Now begins my quest to find a similar top for a more affordable price!


*The more that I actually look at this skirt, the more I enjoy it, but still with the exception of the fit. I think that it needs to hit above the knees and more snug.


Here are a few more items that I enjoyed from her Ready-to-Wear collection:


(Source)
I like the top on this look as well. I HATE the skirt on this, but I would definitely wear this top.


*                    *                    *                    *

(Source)
I have never really been a fan of orange, but I really like it here, or maybe it's the dress that I really like? Or maybe I just wish that I had the fabulous cleavage and figure that this model has... Either way, it's a win in my book.



*                    *                    *                    *
(Source)
I absolutely love the neckline on this dress! (And like the previous dress, I suspect that the enhanced cleavage is selling it for me). I would prefer to see this as just a top, mainly because I'm not really a huge fan of an all-over floral patterned dress. I personally think that this would look great with a fitted black pencil skirt (would you believe that I've never really been a fan of pencil skirts either?) and strappy heels.

*                    *                    *                    *


The next two items are from Carolina Herrera's 2011 Resort Wear collection:


(Source)
I love this outfit and only wish that I had the nerve to wear a similar one to work! I always feel self-conscious wearing skirts while everyone else is wearing pants.


*                    *                    *                    *

This last dress is really cute. I wish that I had a place to wear dresses like these.

 (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...