Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Judging by all of the blog posts and Facebook status updates that I'm reading, I'm supposed to be talking about what I'm thankful for today. So here goes.

I am thankful for:

1. All of my great friends and family (We'll get this one out of the way first). I have so many great friends from high school that I still keep in touch with and will be seeing when I venture home this weekend. (Yay!) And I have found so many more great friends where I live now. Seriously. These people kick ass. They are the nicest folks that I have met in a long time and will do anything for any of their friends. Oh. And my family. They're great too.

2. Sons of Anarchy I had to say it. But really, this show gives me the opportunity to live out my inner-biker chick, who I really had no idea existed until I started watching this show.

3. Polyvore How else would I be spending every waking moment of free time creating dreams outfits that I would never be able to afford in a million years? Thanks, Polyvore!

4. Mother Nature I am so thankful that we do not have any snow yet! It will be here soon though, in bucketfuls!

5. The Classic Margarita by Mikes (Of Mike's Hard Lemonade). Seriously. I have survived many a day in this crazy, stressed-out life of mine by ending it with one of these peach-flavored "bad boys". (I realize that a peach-flavored margarita hardly qualifies as a "bad boy" in the world of alcohol, but for someone who rarely ever drinks, they serve their purpose well).

6. Being smart Okay, really. How annoying is it to read anything that people post online when they don't know how to spell, or even write well? I cannot tell you how many times I have read the word "prolly" in Facebook status updates. It's "PROBABLY" folks! What the hell is "prolly"? That's NOT a word. Spell it out. Enunciate! I am so thankful that I can read, write, and speak better than most of my acquaintances out there. Am I being a little stuck-up and bitchy about this one? Prolly.

7. Chocolate This should be a given. Who isn't thankful for chocolate?

8. Pedicures You will all probably laugh at me, but I had my first pedicure last month, and in a word, awesome. My toenails have never looked so good, and for so long. Those nail people really know what they are doing! :-)

9. Showers Just took one. So nice. Ahhhhhh.

10.Turkey dinner! Is there anything better than turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, and pumpkin pie? I think not. Yummy! Go eat some. That's where I'm headed now.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...